experience and expertise
nexus solicitors are experts in the education sector with its specialist solicitors experienced in providing practical and comprehensive employment law advice to schools, colleges, individual academies and MATs.
we offer our education clients a Retained Employment Law and HR product with the benefit of bespoke and comprehensive insurance cover.
areas of expertise:
we provide expert advice on contentious and non-contentious employment law matters including but not limited to:
- advising on the impact and practical implications of the STPCD in areas such as performance related pay, pay policies, appraisals and Teachers’ Standards.
- support and training for governors in dealing with the HR process and reaching legally compliant decisions.
- advice on restructuring, the employment aspects of academy conversions, redundancies including, in particular, advice on the complex consultation obligations and TUPE implications;
- advising upon the employment implications of joining a MAT;
- advising upon the circumstances leading up to as well and drafting and negotiating settlement agreements together with compliance with EFA requirements for academies;
- providing safeguarding advice including advice on the “Prevent Duty”;
- offering legal representation at Employment Tribunal proceedings which we believe increases your chances of success as your matter will be dealt with from start to finish by our specialist employment solicitors;
- conducting audits of contracts of employment and handbooks, policies and procedures and assisting in drafting clear and comprehensive terms and conditions and contracts of employment for all levels of staff;
- providing day to day employment advice including management of disciplinary and grievance procedures;
- advising upon the legal implications and assisting with the management of a wide range of employee issues such as sickness absence and performance management;
- advising upon parental rights including maternity, paternity, shared parental leave, unpaid parental leave and flexible working; and
- providing advice on potential discriminatory issues and ensuring continued compliance with the Equality Act 2010.
services we offer:
- experienced employment solicitors offering responsive, practical, expert and commercially aware advice on legal employment matters;
- our Retained Services Package allows us to provide day to day employment law advice as well as nationwide employment tribunal representation.
- HR advice including attendance at site and supporting internal processes;
- HR software package giving clients the tools to easily and effectively manage staff on a wide range of issues including holidays, sickness absence, performance, disciplinary and grievance procedures, and recruitment;
- Employment Tribunal Insurance product providing cover for claims and protection against compensation and legal fees that may arise from employment disputes; and
- employment advice available 24/7.